FINE FREE SUMMER FOR KIDS AND TEENS!
From Memorial Day through Labor Day, fines will not be charged to anyone under the age of 18. Have fines on your account? Register for Summer Reading and have them waived!
Registration is open for the Summer Reading and Learning Adventures Program, “Libraries Rock!” The program will run from June 11 through August 4, 2018 and focus on learning STEM activities and keeping children interested in reading. Children must register for the program. Children can earn up to 8 weekly participation prizes. If they reach 6-8 goals, they can attend a “Build a Bear Workshop”. Program days and times are Mondays and Wednesdays from 1-2 PM, and Monday evenings from 6-7 PM with special speakers and presenters. Also, Saturdays from 11 AM to Noon. Programs and times subject to change. Monday programs are repeated at 6 pm.
The Summer Reading Kick Off will be a Rock N Sock Hop on Monday, June 11, 2018, from 5:30 to 7 PM.
The Carnegie Museum of Natural History’s Daddy Dino Dig and Dinosaur Encounter will be held on Saturday, June 16, from 10:30 AM to Noon. It will feature workshops and digging for dino eggs, fossils and bones. Meet Anzu, the walking dinosaur! The program is free to the public thanks to donations from Madeline Dudas and Jill Scavincky.
June Summer Reading Events For Children
- Monday, June 11 – Summer Reading Kick-Off Rock ‘N Sock Hop! 5:30-7 PM.
- Wednesday, June 13 – Natural History, 1 PM & 6 PM.
- Saturday, June 16 – 11AM.
- Monday, June 18 – STEM Challenges, 1 PM, 6 PM.
- Wednesday, June 20 – 1 PM.
- Saturday, June 23 – 11 AM.
- Monday, June 25-Healthy Lifestyles – 1 PM., 6 PM.
- Wednesday, June 27 – 1 PM.
- Saturday, June 30 – 11 AM.